Friday, August 15, 2014

Possibly 3? Am I crazy?

So, it has been months since I blogged. In that time I've experienced the highs and very down lows of recovering from the radical hysterectomy, radiation treatment, diagnosis of breast cancer, lumpectomy, lymph node op, radiation treatment, and then a PET scan many months later.

I was feeling pretty good about life for the past months. I've adjusted my diet, lost weight unintentionally, had some fun travels, visited family and friends over the summer, and was hoping for a clean bill of health.

Again I got the yes, but.

Yes, you're clear of cervical cancer and breast cancer but now we see some growths in your lungs and lymph nodes near your heart.
What the heck?
Have I flipped a switch that said to cancer, "Here I am, have at me!"
What have I done wrong?
I had a clean CT scan of my lungs in November, now, not at all.
Have to have a lung biopsy in the am.

Can't find anything funny about a third possible cancer.
Just disgusted with the situation, grateful to the doctors, grateful to the medical professionals, lab technicians, etc.
So frustrating.
Biopsy on wedding anniversary no less, happy anniversary honey! I thought I'd go all out and really make you appreciate life... not so much so...

Been thinking about books to bring. Not like it is a campout or anything but I must preplan... Will not bring laptop this time but bring iPad, Kindle, and other things...
Quite a let down to have clear scans until...
Lung cancer is quite a bit more scary than breast or cervical cancer in my opinion. I have a feeling if the diagnosis comes thru, I'll have to deal with chemotherapy this time... and possibly radiation again... not looking forward to going back for radiation, hated it the last two times... burns on my skin, internal ache, side effects are there...

Nope, not positive but already ready for a fight... love life...

No comments:

Post a Comment