Wednesday, December 17, 2014

White Blood Cell Increase Focus and clotting frustrations

Grateful for this crane gift from some parents at my school.
Very touched. Beautiful...
Told my husband today I'm really tired of getting stuff put in my body that is poisoning... Frustrating. I know that there is progress. I know this is important. But I hate seeing my blood cell counts all dropping. I really didn't enjoy getting a shot in my stomach to increase my white blood cells. I wonder how they'd be if I wasn't taking supplements and eating so healthy... hmm.
Read this, made me feel pretty reassured.
http://blogs.naturalnews.com/8-natural-ways-increase-white-blood-cell-count/

Had to be at my oncologist's different clinic for treatment this past Friday. There was one perk, the toilet. They had two toilets right there next to the lazy-boy chairs where you sit for treatment. So if you need to go to the bathroom you don't need to be disconnected from the treatment line. I always am concerned about getting disconnected from the treatment line because once my vein collapsed after one disconnection time...  Unfortunately, even though I got permission to get treatment in my other hand due to bruises and a hand that isn't happy with the 12 treatments from before... my right hand's vein now looks like it collapsed... the top of my hand is so blue... my nurse told me that I needed to treat it like a bruise and not worry. Ok. Shall see. Grateful that my right arm didn't swell from the medicine since it was a risk with lymph nodes being removed. But if only my blood would clot properly... shall see.

I'm certainly in countdown mode for the holiday, looking forward to work, looking forward to relaxing as well. Other things are starting up as well and I'm not quite seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with this treatment, oh well. Patience is a virtue and I'm hoping to come out the other side stronger and happier. With some hair growing out preferrably.

Enjoyed my first day back at work. Enjoyed catching up with students and staff. Have missed so many people... Having insomnia the night before didn't help... so wrapping up early to sleep... if possible, shall see.

Hope everyone celebrating Hanukah had a great first night, I also enjoyed the second night with kiddo just now. Had a great birthday celebration with him this weekend as well. Grateful for many friends helping with the event. Went thru kiddo's closet tonight and pulled so many things he's grown out of. Shocked how many things he's just had filling drawers and closets that he knew he'd grown out of... he's nervous about my next focus: going thru his toy cupboards...

Just a quick entry. Quite excited about family trip. Made some huge decisions and actions (good ones I think) that I'll share about when I can. Thanks for journeying...

2 comments:

  1. I'm journeying with you, Debbie. So pained for you at times, but always hopeful. I just don't know how you find the strength. I know that watching you has given me more strength in my own life, maybe in silly unimportant-in-the-scheme-of-things ways, but still. Like when I'm too tired to swim, I think of you, and it makes me want to be stronger. And when I'm not feeling present, your journey reminds me to work harder. And when I'm feeling sick I think, Oh Gae, you know nothing... You're a constant inspiration, even though I'd prefer you not to have to be. Understatement of the hour. Anyway, friend, keep going. You're extraordinary and there's a strong shiny light of health and peace at the end of this long dark tunnel. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie-my mom's veins on arm and hand are having the same problem as yours with her chemo treatment (She has rectal cancer). Her veins kept collapsing. I'm wondering if this is a common thing when being poked and prodded so much for treatment...

    I'm sending you lots of hugs and warm thoughts and a "HAPPY HANUKAH!" shout out! I hope you have a WONDERFUL winter break with your wonderful family. You do realize you are an amazing role model for your friends, family and blog followers....we adore you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete