Friday, March 27, 2015

Holiday and it feels so good

Made book earrings. Admire people who make jewelry so much!

Bali
Whoo hoo for a little time away.
Appreciate holidays.
Have to type posts on my iphone since my ipad won't let me on Blogger. Sigh. 
Here's something I've had on my mind... I really like not being the cancer patient with strangers. It's a weird relief. I never really enjoyed talking about my arthritis thru the years unless it randomly came up (usually because of my food choices) or would help someone. Now cancer really can be hidden as well. Hmm.  

Sure. My wonderful friend is here with us for this trip. She's keeping a close eye on me and having fun at the same time. (Megan has been around and supported me thru all three diagnoses plus chemo and weekly visits for qi gong, etc. Such a good friend.) 
Time with my husband and kiddo is treasured. Even the times when the kiddo is a little annoying and over enthusiastic, feeling lucky. 
I like not being mostly bald this trip. Not as much conversation about cancer.  I still get fatigued at times and need a rest but overall I'm not being held back and I'm having fun. 

I'm posting pictures on Facebook and instagram and will have blog posts with adventures included. 
For now just a few glimpses. 
Had fun working on batik. 

Like this picture my friend Megan suggested and took. 


Friend shared this article, really useful.
http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-18004/the-ultimate-guide-to-cruciferous-vegetables.html


5 comments:

  1. I can't begin to tell you how very happy I am for you. Hugs and doggy kisses from Xena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so strong! So glad you are on holiday with your family!
    All the best,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling stronger... really enjoyed the holiday. :) Thank you...

      Delete
  3. I agree! You look glowy! And just because I like the expression: keep on keepin' on! xo, Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Keep on keepin' on... I like that expression as well! :)

      Delete