Saturday, April 25, 2015

Just a quick check in...

Weekends are helpful. Healing has been my focus.
This morning I got up early and volunteered thru midday at a tournament of the minds competition. My son attended as part of his school team but I didn't get to see him compete, just got to judge a bunch of other teams which was just fine, I like helping out...
I came home after a long walk with my son through Kowloon to Mong Kok (30 minutes, humid day) and then an MTR ride home and pretty much rested for the afternoon focusing my energy on this paperwork I committed to reviewing and providing feedback for online... So. Tomorrow. Rest. Grateful for a playdate and a patient husband who wants me to rest. And a kiddo who's excited to go for a playdate, etc.
I missed yoga today, sad but part of life when you have activities. Hoping to go next week.

Went online and found an interesting article on healing chakras...
http://www.elephantjournal.com/2014/06/the-ultimate-guide-to-self-healing-with-yoga-chakras/
I know this is my chakrah I need to heal:
Location: Heart/center of chest
Sanskrit: Anahata/”unstruck sound”
Color: green
Element: air
Issues: love, friendship, kindness, forgiveness, devotion, generosity
Associated with: thymus gland, lungs, hands, heart, blood; immune and endocrine systems.
Governs: love, compassion, unconditional acceptance
Malfunction: high blood pressure, respiratory problems, heart and lung problems, feeling heartbroken
Healing Techniques
Music: classical, heart chakra playlistAffirmations: I am fresh. I am clean. I am unstruck. I am unstuck. I am loving. I am loved.
Poses: standing back bend, camel, reverse warrior, triangle, bridge, wheel
Connect with: the heart, the breath, the wind, maitriPranayama: full yogic breath
Practice: Bhakti yoga, yin yoga, restorative yoga
Meditation: forgiveness, Metta/loving kindness

A dear friend just got through surgery and I'm so relieved. It was six months of waiting for a surgery and she's been on my mind heavily. So happy for a successful surgery.

Waking up every morning and still feeling grateful. Appreciating life. Happy to be here on earth... I'll work on those affirmations though. Not certain about the yoga poses...
Will work on forgiveness as well. Dealt with a little disappointment with someone this week and working to refocus on forgiveness vs. feeling anger... plus feeling pity...
Been appreciating practicing qigong breathing exercises this week. Morning and night I've been giving time to it.
The coughing has not eased up yet. Annoying. Really annoying. Taking meds, being patient.
Going to see my oncologist on Monday. He's taking blood, checking on me, etc...
Then I'll find out when my next/last chemo round is... 8 more hours... I started doing art in focus of that day. That last day.
Going to refocus on reading and blogging for a little while. Sleep and rest as well. My sweet dog is still a little off, we're not certain what is wrong but think it is a little more than old age so probably bringing her to the vet soon.
Fridge seems to be working still, grateful for that. Plus it is nice to have a new washing machine...

Pretty quiet post.
Thanks for journeying with me...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day. Sleep and positive mantras= healing. Sorry to hear Dulcie dog isn't feeling 100%, poor puppy. Love you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for you and your sweet dog. Sending love and doggy kisses from Xena.

    ReplyDelete