Monday, April 27, 2015

Quieter day

Just read thru the bits of this site on anticancer herbs.
http://www.herbs-info.com/anticancer-herbs.html
Interesting.

Had a long work day.
Wasn't very thrilled with being at work. Couldn't fake it... Counted down the hours til I could leave and go to my oncologist appointment. Not sure why.
Found out that the operation and radiation has made me susceptable to bronchitis and other lung related bugs. Know I was warned this Oh boy. So... I'll get through this. Coughing sucks but at least I will work on strengthening my immune system.
May 9th is "the last day" of chemo. We'll see. The last week in May is PET scan week.
My oncologist said today, "I know this has been hard on you but you've been strong, you're handling chemo well and you can finish this." Why, yes I can. Never doubted that. Just want to get there.

So I'm feeling quiet today. Reserved.
I read about a new app the other day and added it to my iphone. Think it is interesting, reminded me a little of Headspace app. It is called Happify. I didn't appreciate the bits of it that asked me to upgrade/spend money but I appreciated the intentional positive parts... games that are focused on making you think about positive words. Especially, I enjoyed watching a few of the videos that it had on the rainbow button, those made me chuckle...

Snuggled with kiddo. Co-wrote a story with him (it is terrible but at least I'm writing again) and I fell asleep around 4 times while reading him his bedtime story, poor thing, he kept reading aloud to get me back in place to finish. Finally he said, "Mommy, just let me read aloud this page so we can finish, I think we both need to go to sleep soon."

I know it is nuts but around 9pm I wake up. So, sigh, going to read and chill for a little while.

Taking the up days and down days. Appreciating waking up and all that jazz.
Thanks for journeying with me as always...

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and journeying along, even on your quiet days. XXOOXOXO

    ReplyDelete