Thursday, April 16, 2015

Yup One of THOSE weeks

This week has been a struggle for me to be honest. I disliked Monday's visit with the oncologist at the local hospital. Tuesday and Wednesday I dealt with a lot of pain in my right lung and scar tissue under my armpit and more. It is limiting my range of motion, etc. Not sure why it is happening but riding the waves of pain and trying to refocus on healthy breathing even though it hurts. Funny enough, I'm certainly noticing my breaths while I go through the pain and realize when I'm breathing shallow, etc. Not sure if I slept wrong, slipped something out of place, etc. Just know I have pain. Shall see how the rest of the week goes. Started taking an anti-inflammatory and will see what my oncologist says. The pain is a tiny bit more bearable today- Thursday. Still finding it a little odd/disconcerting but working hard to staying positive and not worrying about one more thing.

So we are waiting for decisions from the local hospital still but can't do anything about that presently, sigh. I've made good decisions so far with my oncologist and I trust his plan.
I went to a cancerlink support group meeting Wednesday and the guest speaker talked on energy healing. She led us through two meditations- one was specifically on breathing and bringing energy in and the other was visualization. Interesting woman. Interesting process.
I appreciated this breathing exercise for people with insomnia, tried it last night, certainly distracted me into sleep. Reminded me a little of yoga nidra.
http://www.theglow.com.au/wellbeing/4-7-8-breathing-sleep-technique/#ZmpZbsQ
Breathe in 4 counts, hold breath 7 counts, breath out 8 counts. Sure. I can do that.

I apologize to any friends who became concerned after the last post. I'm trying to stay confident and positive about the plans ahead. The fact that we're exploring the local hospital doesn't mean I'm changing any plans. The local hospitals here are good. Just not what I'm quite comfortable with. BUT if they are willing to provide the exact same chemo plan my oncologist has made, then we would go with them. Otherwise, I'll go ahead with the chemo with my oncologist. This would mean beginning on Monday. I will not be going with the local hospital if they say "wait" or "only 2 of the three chemo drugs". As I mentioned, perhaps not clearly in my last post, I refuse to compromise my health. Gotta have Faith.

The days are good at work. I love the kids. Appreciate my time with colleagues. They make me laugh, think, reflect... such a kind, wonderful bunch of folks.
I'm looking forward to going to a technology conference on Saturday. I'll be going with my wonderful friend Megan and then see my friend Dianne make a keynote speech at lunch (I love her presentations, such a talent.)
I posted about the library job I'm leaving here in Hong Kong and am really hoping that my admin can find a good fit to replace me. Hope they find someone who can grow into the role, shall see.

Thanks for journeying with me...

5 comments:

  1. Sending LOADS of love and healing thoughts your way, my sweet friend. So grateful for all the yummy memories you gave me. XXXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lenore... many hugs your way!! XXOXOXO

      Delete
  2. Sending LOADS of love and healing thoughts your way, my sweet friend. So grateful for all the yummy memories you gave me. XXXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you all good things, positive thoughts, prayers and doggy kisses from Xena. Most of all I am sending you love.

    ReplyDelete