Friday, May 1, 2015

Getting along day by day

My qigong instructor shared a video with our class many weeks ago. I finally made time to watch it, under 30 minutes and well worth the watch, fascinating. It was worth learning about the meridian lines, the healthy practice this incredibly knowledgeable person does every day with acupressure, breathing, and a knee bending exercise... glad I watched.

Hair hair hair. I'm back at that stage that I remember all too well from the first round of chemo: itchiness. The kind that made me think I had lice. Yuck. Poor skin cells, they're so confused. Happily growing and then hit by this medicine. It's doing what it needs to do. I WILL NOT shave it off though. Will tolerate the itchiness and hold back from scratching like a maniac. (Not hard to do, not like mosquito bites.) Sigh.

Two days later- meh. Hair is starting to fall out a bit. Will just carefully watch it...
Went to my acupunturist, been too long since I did that... Helped me a bunch. I am trying out his mix of Chinese herbal medicine in a drink form (I always drink one from him twice a day) just for this dang cough that won't let go. Today I coughed so hard it took me a while to recover. A younger student asked me why I'm coughing so much, I said "because I am..."

Decided to explore a new treatment option, a little concerned with it but keeping an open mind and have read one book and will learn more in the coming week. It is called Paida and Lajin. Shall see.

Enjoyed a Labour Day holiday, Friday, off today... rested most of the day, took a walk with friends, and rested more. Didn't feel any guilt for being chilled out... Felt like I was in deep thoughts most of the day, guess I needed a rest after work... plus I've had terrible sleep for days and days and I think I'm just darn exhausted. Probably will do a few things tomorrow though with the kiddo.

Thanks for journeying.




No comments:

Post a Comment