Saturday, August 15, 2015

Patiently waiting

Juicing ginger time...
I'm tenatively going out and about every day, not up to 10,000 steps but over 6000 most days... a relief to see an uptick. Allergies are starting to annoy me- coughing is back. Shall see.
Tried out a juicer I bought at Goodwill for $10, one of those juicers that I find ridiculously expensive in the stores... but $10 was worth the risk. It worked beautifully, hooray! Now drinking green juice again...
Hair is growing in, curls are showing themselves again. Hip hooray.
Celebrated 15 year wedding anniversary with my husband and we chilled out- dinner and a movie, quality time treasured. Especially without a medical procedure on that day.








Got thru the biopsy, no problem. Was honestly shocked about where they put the needle into my body, I really was confused about where the tumor was located, they went in through my back in my upper right quadrant... No bleeding or issues and I did have an anesthetic that helped me relax and pain medication as well... meh. Got thru it, drank loads of water to clear out of my system... still am.

So that's my right adrenal gland with a needle going into it... Hmm.
Not sure I actually needed to see this, but I did ask.
I've subscribed to many interesting online healthy choice resources. One is Dr. Greger who talks sensibly about how to help your body by looking at food as medicine and making healthy choices... especially fascinating research and facts shared... Appreciated watching this presentation:


I've watched this person talk about health options before, appreciated his talk about fixing your gut... important topic since it also impacts your immune system.


He has a healthy salad that seems quite appealing and possible to make, not so sure about how often he suggests eating it but I agree with many items in it...
http://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/the-giant-cancer-fighting-salad/

Not so patiently waiting until Monday. I'll call first thing in the morning to find out biopsy results... Figure that's a long enough wait. I can be patient but I'm no longer going to be wondering too long.
Loving my stamina. Sure, the hot days drain me but a day like Oregon had Saturday was wonderful... a little hot but that cool breeze helped.
Loved walking while my kiddo confidently rode his bike to the park... 30 minute walk didn't tire me out at all... I miss Hong Kong for the walking aspect and buses, it is odd to drive everywhere now, sure, part of life but still odd after three years of healthy walking to grocery stores, to theaters to markets, etc...
Think I'm building up stamina to walk up the street to our nearby market/shopping area- there's a library there!! It shouldn't be too long of a walk, just quite hilly... shall see now that weather might be cooling down a little bit.
Feeling a little distracted by work projects presently... will plug away at them now.

Thanks for journeying with me.
Happy day to all!




5 comments:

  1. So good to see your smiling face yesterday! Sending you positive thoughts, prayers and vibes! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating to watch your switch from HK to USA on this blog. Enjoy the rest of this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating to watch your switch from HK to USA on this blog. Enjoy the rest of this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this photo of you is so gorgeous and moving. Journeying with you. About to tree, so, as always when I do, thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shot of you juicing, hair is looking great! Juicing a fantastic way to increase your nutritional intake. Love the direction you are going, food should be our medicine and the all important gut health. Have you tried Kombucha? Started making my own, its fabulous for gut health. Way to go Debbie!

    ReplyDelete